This blog will recount only facts, no opinions. It will provide links to Sarah Palin's activities on a daily basis, and the news reports on those activities. As the Presidential race heats up, the activies of all Presidential candidates will also be detailed here.

Monday, May 28, 2012

Katie Couric: Sarah Palin has ‘open invitation’ to come on my show

This is from four days ago... but news about Palin is no longer appearing on a daily basis..at least, not recently.

From Daily News: Katie Couric: Sarah Palin has ‘open invitation’ to come on my show

Katie Couric wants Sarah Palin to know her door is always open.

"She has an open invitation to come talk to me," Couric said in Orlando on Monday while promoting her new daytime talk show, which premieres this fall.

"I'm not sure she'd be interested, but she'd certainly be welcome," Couric added, according to the Orlando Sentinel. "She's a fascinating figure not only on the political scene but in popular culture."

Palin famously sat down with Couric in 2008 during her vice presidential campaign for a series of interviews that proved disastrous for the former Alaska governor, in which she refused to name any newspapers she read and touted her state's proximity to Russia as bolstering her foreign policy credentials.

The interviews were widely seen as a turning point for Palin, who was quickly lampooned for her answers and saw her popularity begin to plummet.

The pair faced off again last month from the sets of competing morning shows, as Couric guest-hosted "Good Morning America" on the same morning that Palin made a guest-hosting appearance on the "Today" show.
When ratings later revealed the "Today" show won the morning by its usual margin, Palin took the opportunity to jab Couric in references to their 2008 showdown.

“I thought, well this could be worse," she told Fox News of Matt Lauer's questions on "Today."

"In fact I’ve had worse in interviews, you know, with questions like, what do you read up there in Alaska to stay connected with the real world — where you’re rolling your eyes like, are you kidding me?” she said.
She took another shot at Couric in an email to Zap2it.com, writing, “Frankly, I’m ecstatic we beat the ‘perky one.’”
Palin has yet to comment on Couric's latest invitation, but in past comments she's made it clear she is not interested in returning for round two.

"As for doing an interview, though, with a reporter who already has such a bias against whatever it is that I would come out and say? Why waste my time? No," Palin told Fox News' Sean Hannity in 2010 when asked about talking with Couric again.

"So a journalist, a reporter who is so biased and will, no doubt, spin and gin up whatever it is that I have to say to create controversy, I swear to you, I will not my waste my time with her. Or him," she said.
Couric's show "Katie" will kick off Sept. 10.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment