This blog will recount only facts, no opinions. It will provide links to Sarah Palin's activities on a daily basis, and the news reports on those activities. As the Presidential race heats up, the activies of all Presidential candidates will also be detailed here.

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Sarah Palin thanks Wayne Brady for joke apology

From The Hill:  Sarah Palin thanks Wayne Brady for joke apology

Sarah Palin thanked Wayne Brady on Monday night for the actor and comedian's "gracious" apology after he referred to her son Trig in a televised joke.

"A lot of people hate you," Brady said a week ago to Comedy Central producer Jeff Ross onstage at the "Roast of Roseanne Barr." "Especially Sarah Palin, because you remind her of what Trig is going to look like when he’s 40."

Trig Palin has Down syndrome. Brady, who is better known for his family-friendly comedy style, was reportedly booed for the joke at the event.

"I could defend it as a performer, but I would rather apologize from the bottom of my heart as a father," he wrote on his Facebook page Friday. "I understand how a parent, who loves their child, who tries to nurture and shield them when they cannot defend themselves, would take offense. I have many times experienced this feeling. I've had awful things said about my daughter."

Trig's mother, former Alaska governor and GOP vice presidential candidate Palin, also responded through Facebook.

"Thank you, Wayne Brady," she wrote Monday night. "Trig truly is a blessing. I swear, to his family anyway, that extra chromosome he's got is a Love Chromosome! Thank you for your gracious comment today."
Brady explained he did not write the joke but took "full" responsibility.

"I thank everyone who's expressed their opinion for reminding me that my voice is heard ... It's easy to forget sometimes in front of cameras and lights," Brady wrote. "To the Palins, please know that no malice or harm was meant. To the other families who were touched negatively, I hope you'll be able to accept this apology as well."

TMZ first reported Brady's apology.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment